About Us

The Owego Central Fire Station at the southerly corner of North Avenue and Temple Street.
The Fire Department of the Village of Owego, Inc. is one of only about a half dozen in New York State that still operates under its Act of Incorporation by the NYS Legislature. Originally enacted into law in 1862, and amended in 1880, this act incorporated us as a volunteer department to fight fires and care for indigent firefighters and their families. We continue today under New York’s not-for-profit corporation law.